Snapshot of my Masternode investing strategy. Please share yours...

• Hello @soldatchristi 

I like the target of pyro (become a kickstarter-like platform). It's worth it putting the 10$ required to go in. The gain perspective short term are ridiculously low, but it's worth taking the risk of a price increase. What do you mean by "DEV is starting to pick up in both" ?

Otherwise, I don't usually invest in <100$ MN, as the gains - in most cases - don't cover the cost for VPS. But if you finf some gems, I'll be interested.

If you like Rapture (I also have a node ☺), you should have a look at CareBit (same philosophy, but more expensive and better ROI) : https://masternodes.online/cur...

• CareBit looks nice, though my available funds can't support it. 

As for PYRO yes in fact since I last posted this we are now doing bounties and getting some traction. So there's great value involved in it. When I said dev starting to pick up, I meant 'development' is starting to pick up. RAPTURE is your best bet, in fact I'm going to go 2x and maybe even 3x nodes on RAPTURE because we are spitting out updates faster and the charity idea is great. When more charities hop on, it gets more public. 

The rest of my nodes are basically stagnant :). 

• Nice thread guys and enojy seeing what other people think about Masternonde projects. Ive also been investing in to them for about 5 months now as got fed up of the general crypto slump since December so looked for new avenues to invest. I have been hooked since finding Masternodes.online and choosing and setting up my own nodes. I've been burnt a couple of times but generally have loved and learnt from it all. Id say since finding the Masternode space there's been one thats stuck out in particular head and shoulders above the rest with the community behind it and how much the Devs and Admin team are so active and transparent...

Stipend! a great utility coin which is just about to release its working product to the masses. the Dev team are incredible and no matter what there's always a weekly update in the discord to let everyone know exactly qwhere they are and whats happening which really does give you tonnes more faith and security in your investment.

there's also a few more which i like.  Carebit, Deviant and Apollon i class as solid investments i've made with great communities and ones i'm happy just letting the rewards build so i can create new nodes and greaten my returns when i choose to start cashing out returns.

There's also one more which is relatively new which i think will be huge is Reliance. They have plans to build their own DEX and have created a community from a discord channel in scam project that have joined forces and are rising up from the ashes and building something new and exciting. I swapped all my Fornix coins for REL and couldnt be happier being a part of and look forward to the journey ahead

• I just started about 3 months back too, and still learning from all the gurus out there.  One thing I seldom hear though, is an exit strategy.  Much been said about entry strategy, the projects, the technicalities, but hardly anything about exit.  What should we look for to decide whether to rotate our masternode portfolio and exit a project?  Or do most just invest in masternode and stay there till...?    

• administrators

@prime

That's a good question. I think you will get a lot of different answers because of so many different investing strategies. Short term high ROI hunters exit as soon as ROI does not fit their strategy anymore (so their investment span is a few weeks at best). 

Long term investors will just stay with the coins as long as it is not dying. 

I personnally review my MNs every X amount of time and look at the development. Is the team still working on development? Are goals met? Are simple developments integrated easily? Is their community growing? is their marketing picking up the pace?etc. Lots of factor like these influence my decision. I try not to be influenced by price, but that's not always easy 🙂

• @kelnel that's a good point you have there👍

• Global Moderator

When I'm investing in masternodes, I pick high ROI nodes with low cost to get my initial investment back quickly. That's just a rough description. I take things like discord activity, order book depth, and other fundamentals into account as well. For me, it's a numbers game. 

• Been in the masternode game since Feb 2018, not a great time to start but I am convinced this is my way out of my 9 to 5. Strategy, I started crypto March 2017, so been using crypto profits to buy masternodes. I usually buy high risk, high ROI MN to try to get my capital back quick, after that I just let it ride and use money to bu more long term nodes. Since I don't need the money at the moment, still working job, I use all my masternodes profits to buy more stable, less risk/reward MNs. I am up to 21 nodes now, and my daily buying power is picking up so I can buy more nodes quicker. My current goal is 50 MNs by the end of 2018.I think with 50 nodes and the market returning to respectiful levels, hopefully in 2019, I should be able to live off my masternodes income. Hoping it works out!!

Long term nodes I like: GBX, POLIS, ESCO, SMART

High Risk/Reward:QNO, BTAD, BCARD, COTN, SAV

• administrators

Wow!  It's been 5 months since I wrote this...  ☺

Some life changes have led to me being even more risk-adverse so I've have held off on alts...  Which has worked out in this particular market... but I miss out on a A LOT more opportunities than I capitalize on.

I have bought a more ZEN and GBX soon after writing that.  I sold the GBX at 2X within 2 weeks...  A rare flip for me.  ZEN is down, but is now a top 100 coin and then some...

In the last 3 months.

I have bought more ZEN, GRAFT & DIVI.   Graft is up nearly 3X.  ZEN is down.  DIVI is up a little...

Currently, I'm in a number of Masternodes but deep into Bitcoin.  I think Bitcoin moves first and BIG - then the altcoin market will follow.  We'll see... 

• Global Moderator

I have to agree on holding Bitcoin, that will move up as first (with some nice profits). The alts will follow.  I haven't bought any new masternodes since my last post 5 months ago (because of a too busy personal life), which didn't gave me enough time to actively follow masternode projects on a daily basis. 

Looks like your connection to BetweenBlocks was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.