šŸ“¢[ANN][SCH][Swap][PoS/MN]šŸŒŸ SchillingCoin šŸŒŸ The eco-friendly cryptocurrency made in Austria.

• @xenia if the swap is not processed correctly, how is 7% for the swap then?Ā 

• administrators

Some posts were flagged in this thread. (Flagging posts is great! Keep doing it if you see something inappropriate! Thank you!). I've read over everything andĀ overall I think this is a healthy discussion. I don't see the need to delete any post or ban anyone here. I'll just ask everyone to keep it civil, that's all.Ā 

Overall, I know nothing about the history of this project, so I will not take sides. From reading this thread, I can tell that solid arguments have been made on both sides and encourage everyone to do their research on this project (and all others) before investing.

Ā 

• No worries @kelnel we're keeping it civil. I'm just doing my best to warn investors of theĀ potential risks.

I've peeked around at the source code a bit and found this interesting bit: (assert(hashGenesisBlock == uint256("0x00000f18d3e3a5bf9abee0cb36483706e8392a3f1b0f23d6df5a8fdc30303e74"));Ā  //www.genesisblock.eu) link:Ā https://gitlab.com/schillingco...

So this tells quite a lot about the expertise of the developers, since the genesis seems to have been automatically generated with a tool. There are also some very suspicious similarities of this project to other (failed/abandoned) projects like HUMĀ (Human ChainĀ Project: https://human-chain.org) and Mozart Coin (http://mozart-coin.com). They all share the same layout in the website, same tutorials for masternode setup and they also share common nodes, which indicates that the person running those may be the same person behind schillingcoin.org.Ā 

TheĀ aforementioned projects share all the same schema too: 1)Ā create MN-capable coin 2) sell some masternodes 3) abandon.Ā 

From my research I've been able to identify the person running this, apparently its some guy from Vienna who is actually some kind of middle-man between his clients and the genesisblock.eu developersĀ (both of Polish nationality). Some of the IPs involved in their scheme seem to have been flagged for serving phishing too (!)

ButĀ I think this informations should be more than enough for potential investors. Digging deeper into this would probably require an own thread and some investigative journalism.Ā 

If anyone has questions and don't want to fill the thread: Feel free to drop me a DM, so we can together unveil this ... well .. whatever it is šŸ˜‰

PS: every post in this thread is being archived for safety reasonsĀ 

edit: Apparently there is now also the possibility for a pre-sale, seller is mc99, which is in turn run by some guy called "Peter Aldrian". They've set the artificially created price to 0.10 euro cents (!)Ā https://web.archive.org/web/20...

On their other projects they seem to have also created a very unrealistic high price for the coins. So this is getting even more stranger and stranger. But thats it for now, I'll really let it up to you to decide!

• Yep, check out that line carefully:

https://gitlab.com/schillingco...

"The tool" which was used is called nano editor (i use vim, sublime, notepad++ as well). Rest of "secret ingredients" are: gcc compiler, ubuntu linux (v.16.04) and gitian+debian (v.8.10)Ā for cross platform compiling.Ā 

If anyone has questions and don't want to fill the thread: Feel free to contact me directly via www.genesisblock.eu instead listening some sad, paranoid (yes, I'm polish nationality, do you have a Ėˆproblem with that summerfun?)Ā troll who tries to harmĀ someone reputation - none of mentioned projects have been abandoned! Feel free to contact any of them.

By the way, all projects useĀ vultr.com' inrastucture and they can not be responsible for "Some of the IPs involved in their scheme seem to have been flagged for serving phishing too".Ā 
    Could you be more preciseĀ and give usĀ list of "suspicious and blacklisted" servers so we can forward that to vultr?

• @summerfun said:

No worries @kelnel we're keeping it civil. I'm just doing my best to warn investors of theĀ potential risks.
    I've peeked around at the source code a bit and found this interesting bit: (assert(hashGenesisBlock == uint256("0x00000f18d3e3a5bf9abee0cb36483706e8392a3f1b0f23d6df5a8fdc30303e74"));Ā  //www.genesisblock.eu) link:Ā https://gitlab.com/schillingco...
    So this tells quite a lot about the expertise of the developers, since the genesis seems to have been automatically generated with a tool. There are also some very suspicious similarities of this project to other (failed/abandoned) projects like HUMĀ (Human ChainĀ Project: https://human-chain.org) and Mozart Coin (http://mozart-coin.com). They all share the same layout in the website, same tutorials for masternode setup and they also share common nodes, which indicates that the person running those may be the same person behind schillingcoin.org.Ā 
    TheĀ aforementioned projects share all the same schema too: 1)Ā create MN-capable coin 2) sell some masternodes 3) abandon.Ā 
    From my research I've been able to identify the person running this, apparently its some guy from Vienna who is actually some kind of middle-man between his clients and the genesisblock.eu developersĀ (both of Polish nationality). Some of the IPs involved in their scheme seem to have been flagged for serving phishing too (!)
    ButĀ I think this informations should be more than enough for potential investors. Digging deeper into this would probably require an own thread and some investigative journalism.Ā 
    If anyone has questions and don't want to fill the thread: Feel free to drop me a DM, so we can together unveil this ... well .. whatever it is šŸ˜‰
    PS: every post in this thread is being archived for safety reasonsĀ 
    edit: Apparently there is now also the possibility for a pre-sale, seller is mc99, which is in turn run by some guy called "Peter Aldrian". They've set the artificially created price to 0.10 euro cents (!)Ā https://web.archive.org/web/20...
    On their other projects they seem to have also created a very unrealistic high price for the coins. So this is getting even more stranger and stranger. But thats it for now, I'll really let it up to you to decide!

Did you shut down all Ā OES minning's pools and schillingcoin.com homepage?Ā 
    (summerfun is ex-member of the team who wanted take over the project and sabotage it now)

• administrators

@genesisblock said:

homophobic

Ā This is the kind of insults that are not welcome here. He has not shown any homophobic behavior in this thread or forum.Ā 

You have a right to defend yourself, and your post was well constructed and had some good arguments so I wont delete it, but I wont hesitate next time I see some insults like this.Ā 

• @kelnel post edited.

I just don't get what my nationality have to do with Schilling Coin. In that context all my work must be bad and scam because i host my domain on polish servers.Ā 

• Oh boy, did I hurt some feelings in here... @genesisblock If you're missing arguments or lack the capability of defending yourself, there is really no need to fill your post with the tools you're using and made-up accusations that I'm being homophobic (seriously?).Ā You simply did not get the point I was trying to make anyways:

But for this let's get another quick glance at the facts we have right now:Ā 

1) The project has no team-site

2) There is no company behind this whole thing or any person to be hold liable in case of legal issues

3) There is/was a proven pre-sale happening from a suspicious shop called mc99.com (https://web.archive.org/web/20...), which by the way was quickly removed after publishing it.

4) There are undeniable similarities between this project and other, abandoned projects (since the publication of those projects nothing really happened, so there is no sign of activity from the developers/project leaders)

The similarities are not only on the visual part of the project but also on the whole schematic appliable. (same pattern for the third time already: a) publish mn coin b) make private pre-sale c) abandon projectĀ (?))

Now let's get back to the point I was trying to make. After we combine those points it is indeed of importance to find out if those facts can really hold strong, so we need some more discrepancies to confirm ourselves. And that's why personally for me it is of importance how the code looks like. But since apparently genesis might have been compiled with some kind of tool/service or whatever, that tells me a lot also about the developers. In this case it looks like there is no real developer behind the project, this is being done with some automated tool or in this case, your service.

Do you now get the point? This coin doesn't only look like its missing a proper marketing team, its also missing developers, since they have to rely on services like you offer.Ā 

You may also ask why is it of importance to call out your nationality? Well it matters, if a project calls itself '.... eco-friendly cryptocurrency made in Austria' , but instead it is being coded in Poland + the other (possible) team member is also polish. So is this a polish project made by poles for Austria? Then please don't cater it as 'made in austria'Ā 

This doesn't make it better at all by the way šŸ˜‰ Even more and more suspicious facts add to the claim that this might be a scam, innit?

@xMiner I don't know what makes you think I may be whoever you claim me to be. But keep guessing, this will keep you busy at least šŸ™‚

• @summerfun for your information. i live in Vienna since i finished TU Wien (over 15 years) so SCH was made in Austria indeed.

It's shocking how easily you are making accusations without any evidence or proof.Ā 
    Im done with that troll.

ps.
    Funny thing; you ere not austrian citizen either.Ā 

• @genesisblock Providing proof would probably break betweenblocks TOS since that would meanĀ I'd have to doxx you.Ā I'll leave the missing information gathering up to whoever may read this thread.Ā 

And by the way, you could've saved yourselves with some evidence but instead you're providing insults and making assumptions of my person and by this you're drifting off the topic.Ā 

Thanks for publicly confirming my apparent assumptions / suspicions.Ā 

Looks like your connection to BetweenBlocks was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.